Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead iPhone 7 I bought 2 years ago, Apple Support insists it belongs to my ex-employer

And after 2 years, you can expect I don't keep that receipt and Apple refused to repair. What can I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtrloWxsh1A

This is my iPhone died all of a sudden this week. It just crashed all of a sudden even it was fully charged at that time. It can't power on. The home button is not clickable. All other buttons are not responsive. It literally turns into a brick. It was not damaged physically, not even a scratch.

I purchased it in late 2018 or early 2019 from Apple Store on University Ave in Palo Alto. But Apple refused to repair it nor acknowledging it because I lost the receipt since it's nearly 2 years ago.

For some reason Apple Support insists the iPhone should belong to my previous employer which gives a smart phone to every employee. Even though I returned it to my ex employer upon leaving 2 years ago. Apple still asks me to contact my previous employer's IT department to resolve this. WHAT??!! Is IT responsible to resolve ex employees' problems after 2 years of departure?

Apple can check Apple Stores' purchase records which takes literally less than 10 milliseconds, to verify my purchase but they refuse to do so.

After contacting Apple Support numerous times, I am still in ground zero this moment. And they insist "strictly following the right protocols", which maximize profits and ignore customers and choose to ignore facts, and suggests me a new phone since new models are much better and well supported.

So I decided this is beyond what I can take. It is time to dump all my 12 Apple products at home from Macs, iPhones, Apple watches and a big box of ugly adapters and cables. I'm done with Apple after all the years!

BIG questions:

[1] If you ask human to "strictly following protocols", why do you still need human? To chitchat or help unemployment?

[2] It is YOU, Apple still have business relationship with my ex employer to check the iPhone's ownership. Not ME who left 2 years ago. Why don't you follow your business protocol to check with them and asking me to do so? Since I don't have any business relationship or IT contact which is used to server internal employees, not ex employees.

[3] A smart phone controls every aspects of my life from a car key, wallet, communication, personal and corp identity, photo album, entertainment, work & schooling remotely ... the corps are totally not ready to take any responsibility, not even any useful backup plans when your smart phone dies, how get your life back in time? They never thought about this.

[4] Companies become stiff, dumb, zombish and out of touch with ground truth after growing big. None can avoid that looks like? Is that true?

But the question of me is what how can I survive without an iPhone. It is not easy. I'm conducting a few experiments and will have a sequel after 1 month.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 5:47 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Jul 3, 2020 10:01 PM in response to hseuping

hseuping wrote:

No frazzm737, I'm not an idiot and neither is our corporate IT.

I'd appreciate constructive answers or at least you think before you answer. Otherwise it just causes more confusion.

Nobody has said you are an idiot. Thin skin has no place here.

There are no constructive answers to offer. You and Apple have a dispute. Nobody here can help. Their system of validating the rightful owner of a device is strict. It is not their task to establish or prove your ownership of a device.

Jul 3, 2020 10:14 PM in response to hseuping

hseuping wrote:

There's nothing wrong to be strict but refusing to look up my iphone purchase record in your database is a mistake and beyond any reasoning.

Huge savings of a customer's life and time vs. 10 ms of work on Apple's side.

Any good reasons you refuse to do so?

We are not refusing to do anything. We are not Apple. We cannot help you with this.

Dead iPhone 7 I bought 2 years ago, Apple Support insists it belongs to my ex-employer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.