Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forward text messages

I am wanting to disable messages forwarding but I don’t have it at all on IPad 7th Generation or iPhone 11. Any ideas? Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:52 PM

15 replies

Jul 4, 2020 8:46 AM in response to Chris0107

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it’s on . I didn’t include screenshot because it has my phone number under for Send and Receive. . It did, yes but I’ve just changed password and it’s asked me to update settings twice. I’m just about to enter new password for second time. I’ll check then. ID is not currently showing but phone number is. I’ll reply in a moment. Thanks for the help.

Jul 4, 2020 8:55 AM in response to OrangeSun

I don't think you should need to change a password..

Have you tried turning off iMessage, wait a minute and then turn it back on?

If I turn off my iMessage, the forwarding option disappears. When I turn the switch back on, it says activating briefly, and then the forwarding option appears

Inside the send & receive menu, if I click on the Apple ID, it has the option to sign out.. I presume I'd be able to sign back in once signing out. Have you tried this?

Maybe also try turning off iMessage, hard reboot, then turn back on?

Jul 4, 2020 9:02 AM in response to OrangeSun

oi, I hate this level 1 crap.. sometimes it makes me wait 10 minutes to send a response!

I digress.. so my phone was acting a bit finicky with the forwarding option if I didn't have 'start new conversations' from my phone number. Try making sure that the phone number is selected to start new conversations from. I think you'd generally want that selected anyways

Jul 4, 2020 4:34 PM in response to Chris0107

Hi,

okay, I did turn off messages in both devices and did a hard reset. No forwarding yet. I’m not in a position to lose any data right now and I was told I could if I signed out and in again. I also was told that if it’s not here, it can’t be on, so I shouldn’t be concerned. I’d just like to be able to toggle it off. So, that’s the word. Maybe I’ll post about losing data if you sign out and back in. Thank you so much for your help. Happy 4th... if you’re in the states :).

Forward text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.