Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text message forwarding

Text message forwarding is not enabled in settings on my iPhone, but my messages re still being received on my other devices. Is there a way to stop this? All are logged in on the same iCloud account.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 10:29 AM

To stop syncing, you would need to log out of your Apple ID on that device. Backing up to iCloud is not directly related to syncing to iCloud.

Also to make sure I understand. Which types of "text" messages are you referring to: iMessages or SMS text messages. The latter would only "forward" to a Mac if enabled to do so on an iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 10:29 AM in response to etquest9295

To stop syncing, you would need to log out of your Apple ID on that device. Backing up to iCloud is not directly related to syncing to iCloud.

Also to make sure I understand. Which types of "text" messages are you referring to: iMessages or SMS text messages. The latter would only "forward" to a Mac if enabled to do so on an iPhone.

text message forwarding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.