Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic trackpad 2 disconnects from MacBook Pro if further than 18 inches!

my magic trackpad 2 loses it's bluetooth connection to my MacBook Pro if it is further than about 18 inches! Seems to have just started doing this about two weeks ago. The trackpad is charged and reconnects if I simply scoot it from 18 inches to 12 inches from my MacBook perch. Irritating to not be able to keep it ergonomically located

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 1:01 PM

Ok. I think I figured out what my problem was. I'll post here in case someone else is having the same issue. The wifi router in my home simultaneously uses a 2.4GHz and a 5.0GHz signal. If my MacBook Pro is connected to the 2.4GHz signal, it seems to interfere with the trackpad signal - the track pad loses connection every minute or so and then reconnects after a few seconds. When I change the wifi connection to the 5.0GHz signal, I have not had the issue! Hope this helps someone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 1:01 PM in response to skitch82

Ok. I think I figured out what my problem was. I'll post here in case someone else is having the same issue. The wifi router in my home simultaneously uses a 2.4GHz and a 5.0GHz signal. If my MacBook Pro is connected to the 2.4GHz signal, it seems to interfere with the trackpad signal - the track pad loses connection every minute or so and then reconnects after a few seconds. When I change the wifi connection to the 5.0GHz signal, I have not had the issue! Hope this helps someone.

magic trackpad 2 disconnects from MacBook Pro if further than 18 inches!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.