Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset without "Restrictions Passcode"

I have an old ipad model FC769LL/A. I need to do a total factory reset including erase all data. Every article i read talks about using the "Passcode". I have my AppleID and password. I have my "passcode. I do NOT have my "Restrictions Passcode". Do not send me to a general article on factory reset using your passcode. When try and do a reset including all data I am asked for my "Restrictions Passcode" which i do not have and is not related to the general "Passcode". Following other general direction pressing the home button and the top button to turn off the ipad and then hold down the Home button while plugging into a PC brings up an itunes icon and nothing more. Invoking itunes on my PC brings NO options for resetting or erasing. I need a way to do this reset with no "Restrictions Passcode" that works.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 12:51 PM

With iOS versions preceding iOS 13.4, of forgotten, the Restrictions Passcode cannot be reset or disabled. Your only option is to fully Factory Restore the iPad.

You’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten Restrictions Passcode will be included in the restored data.

Here is the factory restore procedure:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Reuel35811

With iOS versions preceding iOS 13.4, of forgotten, the Restrictions Passcode cannot be reset or disabled. Your only option is to fully Factory Restore the iPad.

You’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten Restrictions Passcode will be included in the restored data.

Here is the factory restore procedure:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Factory reset without "Restrictions Passcode"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.