Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading macOS El Capitan to a later version of macOS

goodday guys. I'm using (new refurbished) iMac OS Capitan Version 10.11.6 (20-inch, Early 2008). My question is, can you please help me by suggesting and providing me the Link to be able to Upgrade to an a much later version ?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 8:08 AM

The version of Pages Numbers and Keynote offered in the App Store require a mac that is running macOS Mojave 10.14.6

or later. Have a look at LibreOffice I think it still works with OS X El Capitan it is also free.

https://www.libreoffice.org

5 replies

Jul 5, 2020 3:41 AM in response to mbm79

I also have the same setup as you, but for me, this is the perfect combination, El Cap runs quickly + reliably to allow me to accomplish whatever I want. I am purposely not part of the Apple ecosystem (android phone, surface tablet) so I enjoy a variety of computing experiences. You just have to figure out your long term requirements. I am very happy with my setup.

Jul 5, 2020 7:52 AM in response to Ken Kline

well, i'm glad to know of what's and whats not. If the programs is not via the approval of Apple team, I dare not to altered it without the legit consent by Apple laws and rules. perhaps, i should learn more about this OS then. it's just that there's an Apps that I really want to use cannot be download so because it's sets fora later macOS version. for exp.; pages.numbers.keynotes. programs.

Apple Teams, is there's any suggestion can I get the same result of an a program that's similar to it?

Thanks much Eau Rouge and Ken Kline, and to Sappers too even though he means well but just not in here I've supposed, I'm just not prefer a backdoor OS programs.

Jul 5, 2020 8:47 AM in response to mbm79

Thank you Eau Rouge. If there's any other suggestions that's really useful apps which fora a good uses for this OS version, please do makes some suggestions for me and I thanking you'll for the kindness guys. I am starting to learn more about this macOS version over user manuals and teaching myself, so because of yours encouragement.

It is a good thing to be in here, i'm glad I did.

upgrading macOS El Capitan to a later version of macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.