Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi on my IPad Pro disconnects when it turns off

This has only started recently. I’ve had my iPad for several months now, but now when I start up the iPad I find that the WiFi is disconnected. It’s a very simple matter to reconnect, but why is the iPad cutting off the WiFi on shutdown? I’ve looked for some control panel of some sort but have not found anything anywhere to “tell” my iPad to stay connected on the next startup.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 8:30 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 8:30 PM in response to Ddale53

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Jul 5, 2020 11:19 PM in response to QuickPost

Hello, QuickPost

On my previous generation iPad I would have tried holding down both the home button and the startup button at the same time to reset. Will what you are suggesting lead to the same result (Will it do the same thing?) or is it a “deeper level” reset than the simple one I used to do easily and successfully?

Thanks for your help!

WiFi on my IPad Pro disconnects when it turns off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.