Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi got off after locking for a while

So, every time i lock my ipad for a while, when i unlock it, the wifi drops off. eveytime i have to reconnect it. anything that i can change it ??

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 3:00 PM

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 3:00 PM in response to hubert156

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

Wifi got off after locking for a while

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.