Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and SMS Messaging Issues

I am really having issues with my iPhone 11 ProMax regarding text messages (regardless if it's iMessage or SMS). (This was also an issue with my previous 10.)

When I tap to create a brand new text message my phone freezes for several moments, sometimes up to a minute. When I'm messaging someone, if I tap on the photo icon to send a photo, my phone freezes. I usually tap to return to text option and then can tap on the photo icon again to send a picture. Same for sending gifs. Also, when I am adding a new contact, my phone freezes at various points ~ sometimes when I tap "create new contact" or sometimes when I tap "done".

I do not have issues with most other apps, my iOS is up to date, and I am so frustrated.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 6:55 PM

Try to hard reset your iPhone.

1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
  2. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
  3. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button.

If that did not do the trick, I suggest to re-install your iOS. Refer to this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 6:55 PM in response to shortnsweetbb

Try to hard reset your iPhone.

1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
  2. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
  3. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button.

If that did not do the trick, I suggest to re-install your iOS. Refer to this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

iMessage and SMS Messaging Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.