Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

desktop switch with external screen

Using an extra screen on my macbook :

I used to run one application on the macbook screen plus various applications on the external screen using various desktops. When doing the three-finger shift, I could toggle between the various screens on the extra screen, the macbook screen remaining unchanged and not moving.

Today, the macbook screen is sliding together with the external one. Very annoying. Must be a setting I changed accidentally, but I can't find it. Who can help me ? Thanks !

MacBook

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 10:58 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2020 1:20 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi, I tried but it did not help. However, I discovered the fourth checkbox "Displays have separate spaces". That seems to be the thing. Must have switched it off somehow.

Moreover, your advice made me discover something new : I was annoyed a while that the order of the desktops always changed. I assume that unchecking the first box solves that.

I called helpdesk for both issues and they couldn't help. If they read this, now the can :-).

So asked one question, you solved two . Thanks for taking the time for me.

desktop switch with external screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.