Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large monitor continuous screen

I have a large monitor that requires dual DVI inputs which I manage through a Cable Matters Thunderbolt adapter on my Macbook Pro 15in 2017. Here is the problem: when I use the mac OS, it treats the monitor as two separate spaces so that documents must be entirely in one half or the other. If I run Win10 (or 7) on Parallels, the monitor appears as a single large space allowing the documents to be placed anywhere.

How do I setup my OS to create a single large continuous viewing space?

thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Hi jbmcan,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like your display to be a continuous viewing space when you have an external monitor connected to your Mac. We can see why this would be convenient; we can help. You can use these steps to accomplish what you'd like to see:

• Open System Preferences > Mission Control > Uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces"
  • Restart the Mac for the changes to take effect.

For additional information about Mission Control preferences, check out this resource: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 2:04 PM in response to jbmcan

Hi jbmcan,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you'd like your display to be a continuous viewing space when you have an external monitor connected to your Mac. We can see why this would be convenient; we can help. You can use these steps to accomplish what you'd like to see:

• Open System Preferences > Mission Control > Uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces"
  • Restart the Mac for the changes to take effect.

For additional information about Mission Control preferences, check out this resource: Change Mission Control preferences on Mac

Best Regards.

Large monitor continuous screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.