Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K not working on my Toshiba HD tv

I can’t get ATV to work on my Toshiba HD tv I have a Fire tv cube and this works fine but can’t get a picture when using my Apple TV 🤷‍♂️

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:26 AM

If it works okay on another TV that means the issue is with the TV, check the input is selected correctly and if still not picture, please contact AppleCare, AppleCare Contact Info

9 replies

Jul 7, 2020 9:17 AM in response to Winston Churchill

It’s the 4K one but the tv is HD the cube is 4K but works fine but not the Apple TV, iv tried changing the picture settings on the Apple TV to 1080p then connected it back to the HD Toshiba but still no picture, iv heard if you press the menu and volume down button on the Siri remote this will make the Apple TV go through different picture settings but still no luck.

Jul 7, 2020 11:39 AM in response to The Pebster

To cycle through the available resolutions...

Press and hold the menu and the volume down button simultaneously on the remote for six seconds, the Apple TV should then begin to cycle through the various resolutions available to it at 20 second intervals. If you see a picture appear up on your screen, use the remote to scroll down to the OK option and select it.

Apple TV 4K not working on my Toshiba HD tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.