Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emergency override charging

I accidentally clicked emergency override when I was notified that there was liquid in the lightning port. How do I turn off the emergency override or how do I know if the liquid is dried up and the phone is solely charging on it’s own?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 8:16 AM

Hi aram214,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you received a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone and you chose to override the detection to charge the device. We can see why you'd reach out about this; we can provide some information. We'd recommend that you disconnect the device from the charger then use this resource: If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone

Once the device has had time to dry, you may need to restart if you're still seeing indication of emergency charging: Restart your iPhone

If you continue to see the alert reach out to Apple for additional assistance: Get Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2020 8:16 AM in response to aram214

Hi aram214,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you received a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone and you chose to override the detection to charge the device. We can see why you'd reach out about this; we can provide some information. We'd recommend that you disconnect the device from the charger then use this resource: If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone

Once the device has had time to dry, you may need to restart if you're still seeing indication of emergency charging: Restart your iPhone

If you continue to see the alert reach out to Apple for additional assistance: Get Support

Best Regards.

Emergency override charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.