Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to OS Catalina and lost all of the documents in the only folder that I had on my desktop

I updated to OS Catalina a couple weeks ago. I just now went to access a document in the folder that I keep on my desktop. The folder itself is visible, but when I open it, there are no documents inside and it is completely empty. I cannot find the missing documents anywhere. There is a new 'Relocated Items' folder on my desktop as well, but the files are not there either. When I open the 'relocated items' folder it brings me to a bunch of other folders that contain nothing that I recognize. Most of the items in these folders can't even be opened by any of the applications on my computer so an error message pops up. HELPP!!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 5:49 PM

Did you enable iCloud during the upgrade process? If so, your documents are in the iCloud drive.

Similar questions

2 replies

Updated to OS Catalina and lost all of the documents in the only folder that I had on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.