Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote Will Not Charge

I have a 4th generation Apple TV and remote. As long as I leave the remote plugged into a charger it will work. However, the remote will not charge. Doesn’t matter how long I leave it on charger, the minute I unplug it, it loses connection with the tv. I’ve tried different cords, plugs, outlets, but nothing works. The remote used to work just fine, so not sure what happened or how to fix it.

Any suggestions For a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise looks like I am buying a new remote!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:28 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2020 9:19 AM in response to ashrock9999

If the battery won’t hold its charge, or its maximum charge is a fraction of what it used to be, then seek hardware support from Apple. It is not free when out of warranty period, but more economical (~50%) than purchasing a new one.

Apple TV Repair - Official Apple Support

Battery service for your remote - Apple Support

Do use the official or bundled Lightning cable for charging. Non-certified third party cables may not provide overcharging protection, and thereby shorten the lifespan of the battery.

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan - Apple. To maximize the lifespan of any Li-ion battery, keep the charge level between 80% and 20%. While stopping at 80% is difficult, it is easy to start charging at 20%, as you get a notification at that moment.

Apple TV Remote Will Not Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.