Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.5.1 iPhone battery drain and phone overheating..

Since my upgrade to iOS 13.5.1 the iPhone 8 discharge rate is very high, charging 4 times a day, phone is hot and #1 resource usage is “ background Music” 87% which I’m not listening to music or driving in the car. Any suggestions?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:42 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2020 10:45 PM in response to Djabe68

Since a few days my battery of my iPhone 8 (iOS 13.5.1) drains at a rate of approx. -25% every hour.

Under my iPhone Settings > Battery I noticed an extraordinary background activity (several hours) of the Music App, without being used/opened.

The following preliminary actions did not solve the problem:

• forced restart
  • deactivation of background app refresh

Now by coincidence I found out, that each time I close and re-open the Music App, the SHUFFLE-mode is ACTIVATED with another song loaded.

Therefore I have a strong guess, that whenever you close the Music App, music is played continuously in SHUFFLE-mode in the background without noticing resp. hearing it. As soon as I leave the Music App on, deactivate the SHUFFLE-mode and keep the music stopped from playing, the battery drainage resumes to a normal rate.

iOS 13.5.1 iPhone battery drain and phone overheating..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.