Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset the iPad with a new Apple ID

I purchased a used apple iPad from a store which sells used items. The iPad had a previous apple ID but was unknown to them. How can I reset the iPad with a new apple ID, my ID not the previous owners?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:00 AM

you need to be able to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to https://www.icloud.com/find/ My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple won't unlock it.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.      

3 replies

Jul 8, 2020 8:09 AM in response to EsatullahEyyub

Put bluntly. That store should not be selling devices it know purchasers can never setup and use themselves. Take it back and have them refund your money. Without the assistance of whomever setup activation lock, nether you nor anyone else is ever going to be able to disable activation lock.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How can I reset the iPad with a new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.