Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos from an old iPhone but not from my new one

How do I delete photos on my old iPhone but not on my new one

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 10:01 AM

iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos.

However, you can use the following procedure to completely clear an old phone without affecting the new one: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your objective is to only delete photos, see the "How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?" section in Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 10:01 AM in response to geraldtgnrytu

iCloud Photos is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photos is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to iCloud Photos.

However, you can use the following procedure to completely clear an old phone without affecting the new one: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your objective is to only delete photos, see the "How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?" section in Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

How do I delete photos from an old iPhone but not from my new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.