Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i keep the data or back iphone when screen is black ?

My wife's iphone 7 dropped and the screen went black, girls usually just use the phone and know little about backing up and data proctection, how can i back up the device to icloud or a laptop, when i connect to itunes i get one option only thats for restoring to orginal setting and i will lose all data, how can i tell what was the last back up happened or how to back the iphone now which i believe is something hard to do.

long story short, how to keep the data on the broken iphone.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 2:05 PM

13 replies

Jul 8, 2020 2:32 PM in response to deggie

Chances that it was backed to icloud is very low, to the computer definitely, but can't do anything with now if i connect to itunes expect to restore to factory settings.

Most probably am buying a new iphone, but don’t want to lose all data on the old iphone!

Tried logging to icloud web but it doesn’t seem helpful.

by the way we are sharing icloud by adding her as a family member, had to buy extra storage, does this help by any way?

Jul 8, 2020 4:05 PM in response to MrHoffman

Your understanding is correct, it’s my bad i didn’t say that am away from the broken device and cant access it now.

My thought was that through my iphone i can see that her device is using my icloud as a family member, can’t see her backups, i see only mines.

If she signs to icloud on the ipad, can she see her backups if any to the icloud?

how can i keep the data or back iphone when screen is black ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.