Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no LIST view in search

When i search for a particular artist I want to make sure i have the highest bit rate version of a tracks so isn iTunes I would search for the artist, switch to List mode, check sample rate and delete the older lower same rate track. in Music there is no way to do that. any fix?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 7:04 PM

Put the library in Songs view. Use View > Show Filter Field, which causes a new search bar to appear at the upper right.

You can filter to the artist you are looking for, and it will stay in list view.

By the way, if you are seeking best audio quality, look for the higher bit rate (not sample rate).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 7:04 PM in response to Foaderjazz

Put the library in Songs view. Use View > Show Filter Field, which causes a new search bar to appear at the upper right.

You can filter to the artist you are looking for, and it will stay in list view.

By the way, if you are seeking best audio quality, look for the higher bit rate (not sample rate).

no LIST view in search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.