Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup takes all my iCloud storage?

My iPhone refuses to back up because it says I don't have enough iCloud storage.

I currently have 3.1 GB of 5 GB used; half of this is Docs, half is existing backups. This phone is the only device being backed up.

Question: Am I supposed to delete the current backups to make space for a new backup? Why wouldn't each backup simply overwrite the previous one?

The only things I have, in addition to 1.5 GB of Docs, is a notes app (2.8 KB) and a game app (242 KB). I have removed all photos and music.

I have rebooted my phone numerous times, but couldn't think of anything else to do.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide ...

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 4:41 PM

Only option is to either delete those backups or choose which apps to backup -- Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support.

2 replies

Backup takes all my iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.