Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acer Ultrawide Monitor not showing native resolution with HDMI using macbook

Hi folks, I bought a new acer 34inch ultrawide monitor , model# CB34C2K. It’s native 3440x1440 resolution and has HDMI2 ports.

However when I connect my late 2015 MacBook Pro 13 via HDMI, it only recognizes 16:9 1440p resolution max I.e. 2560x1440.

Can anyone advise what could be the problem ?

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 7:21 PM

OK, I think I found a solution/workaround for my problem.

Seems like the HDMI<>HDMI wasn't providing enough bandwidth to run it on correct resolution. I got a new mDP (TW2) to DP cable and that worked without any issue and provide the highest resolution with refresh rate.

Cheers all! Hopefully it helps others who might have issues with this particular monitor

TL;DR : Use DP port on your monitor if you can to get best possible experience.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 7:21 PM in response to dev997

OK, I think I found a solution/workaround for my problem.

Seems like the HDMI<>HDMI wasn't providing enough bandwidth to run it on correct resolution. I got a new mDP (TW2) to DP cable and that worked without any issue and provide the highest resolution with refresh rate.

Cheers all! Hopefully it helps others who might have issues with this particular monitor

TL;DR : Use DP port on your monitor if you can to get best possible experience.

Acer Ultrawide Monitor not showing native resolution with HDMI using macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.