Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock on ipod touch

The email account linked to the apple id and icloud that is connected to my ipod i think has been deleted or deactivated (was my mother's email which she says she doesn't have access to anymore). How, if it's possible, do i get back into my ipod? (i remember the apple ID and password but i can't log in to the apple account or icloud with it either, it comes up with the Apple ID is either not valid or not supported)

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 10:11 PM

Hello,

The iPod touch is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you will need to take the device and receipt to an Apple retail location.

Activation Lock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 10:11 PM in response to k_m_mc1

Hello,

The iPod touch is locked with Activation Lock. There is no way around unlocking Activation Lock without inserting the device’s associated Apple ID. If this is not an option you will have to find the original receipt for the device that clearly shows the serial number. Once you have this document you will need to take the device and receipt to an Apple retail location.

Activation Lock

Activation lock on ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.