Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air keyboard and touchpad issue.

Recently my MacBook Air keyboard and touchpad stops working. it only works fine when I use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I have tried an SMS, MVRAM, and PRAM reset and still nothing works. I even went and reset my Mac to factory settings and still couldn't get it to work. (MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:14 AM

Hello Nitesh,

Did you try getting into ➔ Safe Mode to see whether the Keyboard and TrackPad work in SAFE MODE? If things work in SAFE MODE then you may have a software issue. If NOT then-

Did you try reinstalling the macOS by using the  ➔ macOS Recovery Mode?

Axel F.

8 replies

Jul 12, 2020 5:40 PM in response to nitesh1999

Hello Nitesh,

From your response above, it appears that you have used the Recovery Mode to erase and install macOS. You have tried resetting SMC and NVRAM. You tried SAFE MODE. None of those steps resolved the keyboard and trackpad issue.

I believe that it is best if you have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If they are not open then please contact ➔ Apple Support.

Axel F.

MacBook Air keyboard and touchpad issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.