Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 2017 kernel panic on wakeup

Whenever I wake up my MBP from sleep, usually in the morning, I see below panic message and it restarts. Not sure if its related to a hardware issue. Can anyone suggest?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 7:44 AM

It is likely caused by one of these:

net.pulsesecure.PulseSecureFirewall 9.1.3f1
com.netskope.client.nsIPFilterNKE 1
com.kensington.trackballworks.driver 1.5.0
com.mcafee.DLPKext 1
com.McAfee.driver.DlpUSB 1

You should uninstall all of that following the developer's instructions or use their uninstaller.

If it works without panicking, then you can try installing them one at a time to see if that particular product caused the panic.

You don't need to reinstall any of the "security" software as it doesn't do anything anyway.

Looks like the only thing left would be your trackball kernel extension, so just uninstall the security software and see what happens. Ill-advised security software always causes kernel panics.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 7:44 AM in response to vishal31

It is likely caused by one of these:

net.pulsesecure.PulseSecureFirewall 9.1.3f1
com.netskope.client.nsIPFilterNKE 1
com.kensington.trackballworks.driver 1.5.0
com.mcafee.DLPKext 1
com.McAfee.driver.DlpUSB 1

You should uninstall all of that following the developer's instructions or use their uninstaller.

If it works without panicking, then you can try installing them one at a time to see if that particular product caused the panic.

You don't need to reinstall any of the "security" software as it doesn't do anything anyway.

Looks like the only thing left would be your trackball kernel extension, so just uninstall the security software and see what happens. Ill-advised security software always causes kernel panics.

MBP 2017 kernel panic on wakeup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.