Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning Off App Store Notifications

I'd like to know if it's possible to turn off App Store update notifications WITHOUT disabling automatic updates. I still want to get the updates; I just don't want to be notified in my dock. Is there a way to do this? OS is Catalina.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 5:41 AM

Hey Josh!

Thanks for the clarification. At present, there's not a way to disable the notification that you mentioned, but if you'd like to see something like that added in a future release, be sure to provide some Product Feedback.

Thanks!

3 replies

Jul 14, 2020 6:29 PM in response to jjkatz

Hey there, jjkatz.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your question about being able to disable the notifications associated with pending updates. We'd be glad to see what we can do to help you out.

Are these notifications just letting you know that the apps have been updated, or are you getting them to tell you that updates are available? Do you still get the notifications if you go to System Preferences > Software Updates > Advanced and check all of the available boxes? More info on what all is detailed in those boxes is available in Keep your Mac up to date.

Let us know what you find out.

Be well.

Turning Off App Store Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.