Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Rendering failed from iMovie

I did reinstall both macOS Catalina and iMovie, but iMovie still keeps fail to convert and message "Video rendering error: -50 (iMovie error -50: renderVideoFrame failed)".

I tried many ways to try to solve try it, included :

1. cut clips a bit shorter, copy the whole clips and paste into a new clips,
  2. tried to pressed "option+Command+open iMovie" then deleted the "preferences",
  3. pressed "option+command+R+P" to clean everything
  4. Reinstalled System
  5. Reinstalled iMovie

Above options were not work. I have already talk to Apple Engineer in Singapore and he also saw my screen about how to fix it, but he can not help me to fix the problem. Last, my iMac was replaced the HD by Apple due to error issue on Jan 2020. However, we have finding different problems again after it was replaced a new screen.

Anybody can advise to me? Many Thanks!

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 8:38 AM

The error message indicates that you have some corruption in a frame or clip in your project. First make a duplicate of your project. Then, working with the duplicate, expand out your timeline and slowly scroll through it looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find and try to share out again. If still no luck, go back to your duplicate project and remove any titles or text that you have. And then try sharing out. If it shares out O.K. then you know that the problem is with the titles. Make another duplicate project and remove the titles one at a time, sharing out after each deletion, until you get a good export.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 8:38 AM in response to fan1965

The error message indicates that you have some corruption in a frame or clip in your project. First make a duplicate of your project. Then, working with the duplicate, expand out your timeline and slowly scroll through it looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find and try to share out again. If still no luck, go back to your duplicate project and remove any titles or text that you have. And then try sharing out. If it shares out O.K. then you know that the problem is with the titles. Make another duplicate project and remove the titles one at a time, sharing out after each deletion, until you get a good export.

-- Rich

Video Rendering failed from iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.