Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You are not connected to the internet ?

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 15 with Touch Bar and for the past few days every time I open safari I always get this message saying "you are not connected to the internet". no matter what wifi network or hotspot I'm connected to it still happens, even in safe mode. I'm running on the latest version of Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5 supplemental update and safari version 13.1.1 it only occurs each time I close and reopen safari, I don't have this issue when I use chrome or any other browser just safari ? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 10:36 AM

Hey ethanplaza,

We see that you're receiving an error about not being connected to the internet when you first launch the Safari app, and we'd like to help!

You did a great job isolating the issue by testing this out using safe mode. This time, let's further isolate the issue by using a different user account.

If you don't have another user account on your Mac, you can create a test user account by following the steps from here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know how it goes!

Warm regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 10:36 AM in response to ethanplaza

Hey ethanplaza,

We see that you're receiving an error about not being connected to the internet when you first launch the Safari app, and we'd like to help!

You did a great job isolating the issue by testing this out using safe mode. This time, let's further isolate the issue by using a different user account.

If you don't have another user account on your Mac, you can create a test user account by following the steps from here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know how it goes!

Warm regards.

You are not connected to the internet ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.