Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email about a purchase from the Apple store. I didn't purchase anything

I received an email about a purchase from the Apple store. I didn't purchase anything and I am sure they are trying to hack my account. How do I contact security directly? It's a nightmare!!!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 10:16 AM

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. That is fairly common and is not anything to particularly worry about if you don't respond to the emails. You can report the phishing attempts to Apple if you want. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you want to increase the security on your account you can turn on two-factor authentication. See: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you think your account is already compromised, see the following. It also includes information about contacting Apple if needed: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 10:16 AM in response to loryfromphoenix

If the only indication of the charges is from an email or text, be aware that it may be a phishing attempt to get you to log in to a site that appears to be Apple and divulge your password or credit card information. That is fairly common and is not anything to particularly worry about if you don't respond to the emails. You can report the phishing attempts to Apple if you want. See: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you want to increase the security on your account you can turn on two-factor authentication. See: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you think your account is already compromised, see the following. It also includes information about contacting Apple if needed: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

I received an email about a purchase from the Apple store. I didn't purchase anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.