Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to play a movie on Apple TV for the first time. I can't get a picture. The screen is black. Can you help me?

I am trying to play a movie on Apple TV for the first time. I can't get a picture. The screen is black. Can you help me?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 3:51 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2020 9:28 PM in response to Vancouver22

I figured out my user error. I was trying to stream a movie using my computer and mirroring it on my TV.

With Apple TV + to watch a movie on your TV using Apple TV device, I use ROCKETFISH to put it on my

Apple TV and then reach for my Apple TV transmitter. I guide to my selections using the finger pad.

Thank you for trying to assist me. I was happy that I figured out what to do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.