Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail login problem in Mac

I get inbox files/messages in mail but when I try to send messages/files a dialogue box saying "Can't connect to account" appears and on entering the password it says" unable to verify the password or account name". This happens with my Mac only. Mail is working fine in my iPhone.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 12:05 AM

First remove the email completely from the Mac. Change the password from the website, for example if your email is a gmail, change the password via google using safari or whatever browser you prefer. Then sign back in using the new log in info.

you will most likely need to delete the email and or re enter the password since it will be logged in with your old password.

hope this helps:)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 12:05 AM in response to sriya karmacharya

First remove the email completely from the Mac. Change the password from the website, for example if your email is a gmail, change the password via google using safari or whatever browser you prefer. Then sign back in using the new log in info.

you will most likely need to delete the email and or re enter the password since it will be logged in with your old password.

hope this helps:)

mail login problem in Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.