Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't seem to be able to successfully edit raw images taken on my Canon 80d. It appears to be an Apple issue as I've just purchased a new MacBook to try and resolve the issue. The same issue has transferred to my new MacBook.

I don't seem to be able to successfully edit raw images taken on my Canon 80d in Apple Photos. It appears to be an Apple software issue as I've just purchased a new MacBook to try and resolve the problem but it is still occurring. Any attempt to edit raw images turns the thumbnails black. I've tried every solution offered by Apple to no avail. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 1:11 PM

There is a footnote [2] for the Canon 80D in Catalina digital camera raw format support that states Canon RAW format only, which implies it cannot be compressed camera raw data. That is an issue with the support information that Canon has provided to Apple, and there is no timeline as to when, or if it will be resolved for the 80D.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 1:11 PM in response to Su309

There is a footnote [2] for the Canon 80D in Catalina digital camera raw format support that states Canon RAW format only, which implies it cannot be compressed camera raw data. That is an issue with the support information that Canon has provided to Apple, and there is no timeline as to when, or if it will be resolved for the 80D.

I don't seem to be able to successfully edit raw images taken on my Canon 80d. It appears to be an Apple issue as I've just purchased a new MacBook to try and resolve the issue. The same issue has transferred to my new MacBook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.