Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use/import Health Records (Medical Records / Clinical Documents) in iPhone Health App outside of the USA?

Hi community,

I would like to use the health records / clinical documents on my iPhone X running iOS 13.5.1. Apple has built in this feature into the Health app. In Health under "Browse" -> "Clinical Documents" is a note saying "Your medical provider may make your health records available as Clinical Document Architecture files (CDAs) on their website, by email or in an app. You can add these records to Health for your reference and to share with other providers".

So I found a list of supported healthcare providers in the USA (list) and a guide to import health records. But, I live in Germany and used to live in Singapore. So I have records from healthcare providers in these countries. However, the guide looks different on the Apple website than on my iPhone. I don't have the "Accounts / Health care providers" options in my profile.

Here's the thing: I understand that some institutions have build communication interfaces so their platforms can directly import records into the Health app. But since my iPhone is offering the feature also in Germany I was thinking there must be a way to convert and import existing clinical records manually, even outside the us.

Can anybody confirm this and explain how this would work? Or is the CDA format a format where I cannot convert older data into?

Thanks for your help

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 2:37 AM

Hi Chris,

thanks for your feedback. This is what I have been thinking, that only healthcare providers in the USA are able to provide data on their platform (since you kind of need to login to them). And this feature is not available on my iPhone when the region is not the USA (tried it).

But: When the region is German, there is still the list item available that says you can manually import healthcare data and that's why I was confused and looking for a way to import data.

Best

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 2:37 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi Chris,

thanks for your feedback. This is what I have been thinking, that only healthcare providers in the USA are able to provide data on their platform (since you kind of need to login to them). And this feature is not available on my iPhone when the region is not the USA (tried it).

But: When the region is German, there is still the list item available that says you can manually import healthcare data and that's why I was confused and looking for a way to import data.

Best

Jul 17, 2020 10:17 AM in response to tobiwei

Hi tobiwei,

We understand you'd like to convert existing health records to add to the Health app.

At this time, only US healthcare providers are able to be linked to the Health app, and other documents cannot be converted/added retroactively.

If you would like to see this feature implemented in future, you can request it here: Feedback - iPhone.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

How to use/import Health Records (Medical Records / Clinical Documents) in iPhone Health App outside of the USA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.