Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've sold and sent phone but the buyer hasn’t paid or contacted me. Can Apple render the handset useless?

This is my first post. I’m appealing for urgent help. I recently changed my iPhone from an 8 to an SE with my provider. The shop wouldn’t take my 8 as part exchange so I sold it on a website called Depop For £280 to someone I thought was genuine using an app called cashapp. I stupidly sent the iPhone 8 thinking they’d paid me however after research the Florida address is associated with scams and the buyer hasn’t paid me or contacted me back. All I have is their email and a postal address. I took a picture of the box with the serial number and I’m with number. I’m hoping someone can tell me if Apple can render the handset useless by putting a freeze on either of the numbers?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 1:59 PM

I'm sending you a link which may or may not help...

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 14, 2020 1:56 PM in response to frazzm737

Hi and thanks for replying. No it wasn’t locked to a provider I’d just come to the end of my contract and reset the phone and removed it from my account. I trusted this person and dont know if I’m clutching at straws but hope there’s a way to render the handset useless to the thief. When I listed it I took photo of the box which has the inside and serial number on. I’m hoping someone in the community can help me otherwise I’ll try and chat with Apple USA to see if they can do anything. That’s £280 they’ve mugged me for.

I've sold and sent phone but the buyer hasn’t paid or contacted me. Can Apple render the handset useless?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.