Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Upgrade trade in “couldn’t be found”

I’ve been using the IPhone Upgrade program for a while now and decided to upgrade from a 12 to a 13. I was sent a kit to place my iPhone 12 in to send it back to Apple. I dropped it off at FedEx to send it back. I later got a call from Apple saying that the trade in box I sent in was empty. Now, I know for a fact I put it in there so I don’t know what happened to it. They said the box was “not tampered with” so no one could’ve taken it. I called back to open a case with Apple because I find it ridiculous that the phone is not in there. I even told them I have a receipt from fedex showing the box weighed .7 lbs so there’s proof it wasn’t empty. Well a month later after they closed the case, I’m getting charged monthly for the iPhone 12 I sent in. So I’m currently paying two monthly payments, one for a phone that I don’t have. Has anyone encountered an issue with trade ins/sending items back? Can apple track where it is based off the serial number? This has been so frustrating to deal with and it’s the last phone I buy using the IUP. I’m gonna try to see if I can dispute the charges with my credit card, although I paid for it with my Apple Card so I highly doubt that will go anywhere.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:58 AM

Hello,

Wow, sorry to hear about your situation.

I wouldn't dispute the charges with Apple yet. It may cause your Apple ID to get locked and your new phone won't work.

Instead, your main dispute should be with FedEx. Did you file a claim with them and get a claim number. If not, do it ASAP!

Additionally, keep following up with Apple. Use the "Get Support" link at the top of the Web Page. Also, use the order number for your original order.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Good luck.

P.S. We are users like you helping other users.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 8:58 AM in response to Tcole193

Hello,

Wow, sorry to hear about your situation.

I wouldn't dispute the charges with Apple yet. It may cause your Apple ID to get locked and your new phone won't work.

Instead, your main dispute should be with FedEx. Did you file a claim with them and get a claim number. If not, do it ASAP!

Additionally, keep following up with Apple. Use the "Get Support" link at the top of the Web Page. Also, use the order number for your original order.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Good luck.

P.S. We are users like you helping other users.

iPhone Upgrade trade in “couldn’t be found”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.