Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade-In Problem

Wondering if anyone has had this issue...

I took advantage of the recent trade-in offers and decided to upgrade from my iPhone 11 Pro. Apple sent me a trade-in kit and I shipped the device back. I just received an email stating that the device was not found in the box. I know it was in the box when I shipped it, so either it was taken during shipping or the person who opened it took it. I would think they would inspect the box on arrival to ensure it wasn't tampered with, but who knows I guess. I'm wondering what I can do. I did look up the tracking number for the trade-in kit to my house and the shipping of the device back to Apple and the weight difference is right at the weight of the phone, but I don't know if the weight listed is the actual weight from the UPS store or the weight input when they created the label.

Regardless, I'm not sure how I prove the phone was in there, but it was, so unsure what to do from here.

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:00 AM

There have been a number of similar reports.

Responsibility will depend on law in your country or state but if Apple paid for the shipping then reach out to Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support 

Similar questions

3 replies

Trade-In Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.