You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement AirPod has different firmware version than original AirPod.

I received a replacement AirPod for an AirPod that isn’t working. When I put the new left AirPod in the case with my original right AirPod it flashes orange and will not turn white no matter how long I hold the button. I can pull one AirPod out and sync the other independently, but try will not sync together and my old right keeps syncing with my old left. I have forgotten all AirPods multiple times and left the AirPods by my phone charging for 20 minutes twice as suggested by a support article.

When I pair the AirPods individually I have noticed that the new left AirPod’s firmware is 2D3 while the old right AirPod’s firmware is 2D15. How can I fix this? All the articles on this are from March-April and just say to wait because 2D3 is unreleased, I would assume Apple would’ve fixed it by now. I’m incredibly frustrated that they cannot send out a replacement with the correct firmware.

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 4:02 PM

Ok so it didn’t work the last few times I left them alone for a while but I left them again for about 15 minutes and now the new AirPod has updated to 2D15. So this is solved now.

Similar questions

1 reply

Replacement AirPod has different firmware version than original AirPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.