Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina iCloud emails sending via Gmail instead

I have a 10.15.5 2017 iMac (Catalina) and have just moved got my emails set up in Apple mail.

I made sure in the account settings for each of my accounts that the correct SMTP settings are set. I have 3 accounts:

1 - iCloud @iCloud.com

2 - Gmail @gmail.com

3 - Personal @XXX.id.au

When I send using the Gmail or Personal accounts everything is fine. However, when I go to send from the iCloud account it shows up in the Gmail sent folder and the recipient shows that it was sent from the Gmail account as well.

As I mentioned, the iCloud SMTP selection is set to iCloud. The Gmail one is set to Gmail and Personal is set to the custom SMTP settings in the SMTP list for that email host.

I'm making sure that I'm selecting the correct account to send from when I send the emails.

There is no prompt or alert indicating that it couldn't send and was trying another SMTP server.

If I delete/deactivate the Gmail account, then the emails go through as expected.

It feels like there's some kind of USE ONLY THIS SERVER option that's unselected for the iCloud account, but I have no idea where to change this. I want it to use the iCloud SMTP server exclusively but I don't seem to be able to set this.

Can I get some help here please? Thank you.

Tim

If

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 5:38 PM

You might try removing the iCloud account and adding it again. Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 15, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Cunnla

Thanks for the suggestion. iCloud and Gmail appear in the SMTP server list, but when you go to "Edit" this they are missing. This is because for both of these services there are default pre-determined SMTP server settings for each of these accounts.

When I select "Edit SMTP server list" all I have is the server for my XXX.id.au address. The iCloud and Gmail ones aren't here.

Catalina iCloud emails sending via Gmail instead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.