Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud emails appear in Gmail on Apple Mail Monterey. Fix?

I want my email accounts in Apple Mail to be separate and discrete. They are not.

e.g., If I send an email from my iMac with Mail from my iCloud account to myself (i.e., from me/iCloud, to me/iCloud; no cc), it appears in the inbox of my Gmail account in Mail on my iMac. I don't have any rules set for the iCloud account under preferences. Additionally, emails sent from external accounts to my iCloud account appear in my Gmail account in Mail on my iMac. I want these accounts to be separate and share no information between them. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thank you!

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:13 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 1, 2022 10:23 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you to both Barney and Pie Lover for their responses...

As an email sent from an iCloud account to my iCloud account, the email shows up in Apple Mail (on my iMac-Monterey) in both the iCloud account AND the Gmail account visible in Apple Mail, simultaneously, always. I still can't figure out how they're linked. I know it's probably something very obvious that I've missed, but it persists. My motive is to not share private (iCloud emails) with Google. Resistance is futile ;-)

iCloud emails appear in Gmail on Apple Mail Monterey. Fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.