Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead phone, need to erase content

I have an Iphone XR. Bought it used, it worked for a week and then it died. Need to return it to the seller but first I want to erase all of my info from the phone. How can I do that if it wont power up?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 1:39 PM

Out of desperation, took it to the local cell repair shop and they opened the phone and realized that there

were 2 tiny screws that were supposed to hold the battery in place...one was out, the other was loose and once he tightened them down.....the phone works!!! No charge, phone works perfectly now!!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2020 1:39 PM in response to dnh123

Out of desperation, took it to the local cell repair shop and they opened the phone and realized that there

were 2 tiny screws that were supposed to hold the battery in place...one was out, the other was loose and once he tightened them down.....the phone works!!! No charge, phone works perfectly now!!!

Dead phone, need to erase content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.