Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a phone call saying it was from Apple support and that there was suspicious activity on my Apple account.

Does Apple contact people about their Apple account?

This call said it came from Apple support and that there was several attempts to login from different states. When I inquired further the called was terminated.

The call came from this phone number:

‭+1 (800) 549-7822‬

I did not give any information.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 8:03 AM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2020 8:13 AM in response to Joannmos3

All calls like the one you received are scams/phishing attempts. They are made by criminals that prey on the unwary. Apple never would make a call like this. Apple only calls if a user if the user has arranged the call. 

And, there are thing you can do to lessen the annoyance of such calls. For example, I hardy answer my land or iPhone any more. I only answer if caller ID or my contact list shows that I probably know the caller. Also, I figure that anyone that know me will leave a message if they have anything important to say and I don't answer. 

And, if you want to, you can get a land-line system that you can use in blocking scam/spam calls. Also they can be blocked from an iPhone. Last, I think this Apple document can be used to block scam calls as well as spam calls: Detect and block spam phone calls  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099

I received a phone call saying it was from Apple support and that there was suspicious activity on my Apple account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.