Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar On Screen & Ugly Over-Sized Tool-Tip!

Okay, so two weird annoyances:

1) I just purchased a new MBP13" with Touch Bar (first new Mac in 8 years!). It's my first Touch Bar-equipped Mac, so of course I fiddle around with options and discover a way to have the bar actually displayed on the screen.

Neat, but the novelty of that wore of in about 30 seconds and now I can't figure out how to get rid of the thing and when I go to use it, there is a "virtual" Touch Bar displayed on my screen and any action I try to take that would normally be tappable now requires my to hold the touched area until a little white ring fills indicating confirmation of that action, thereby slowing down my overall workflow quite significantly. Does anyone know where or how I can turn this silly "Virtual Touch Bar" thing?

2) I've also SOMEWHERE enabled the ugly tool-tip labels to pop up immediately whenever I hover my cursor over everything as you can see in the screen shot. I'd dearly love to get rid them!

The lesson I've learned today is to not be so eager to click buttons on new toys if I don't know what they do! The attached screenshot is to demonstrate these annoyances! 😖

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 8:39 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I managed to address the oversized tool-tips thing, but for the Touch Bar "on screen" thing I can't find where I enabled that, I don't seem to have the "… > System > Touch Bar" portion of that path.

Any ideas?

Similar questions

4 replies

Touch Bar On Screen & Ugly Over-Sized Tool-Tip!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.