Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log out of health app

How do I log out of the profile in my health app on my iphone. For some reason my partners profile shows up on my phone. . we have a shared apple ID(i know we should create a separate ID but there is too much being shared 9itunes etc.) but this never happened until recently now our steps add up together on both phones

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 1:50 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, sikoal!

From our understanding, your Apple Health data is being shared between two devices. We’d be happy to help shed some light on this!

You mentioned that you’re sharing an Apple ID, which sounds like it may be contributing to this behavior. Since Apple Health data is shared using iCloud, you’d want to go to Settings > Tap Name > iCloud > Health, to see if that is enabled. If so, it will update and share information across devices.

While you can disable that feature, you can also create separate Apple IDs and set up Family Sharing, which will allow you to share purchases and keep your data separate. You can also share iCloud storage, if that is a concern. You can read more about that at: Family Sharing - Apple and Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you’d prefer to go that route, How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support can help and What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support can walk you through the steps to be sure the new Apple ID has been updated everywhere.

Let us know if that helps, and have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 1:50 PM in response to sikoal

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, sikoal!

From our understanding, your Apple Health data is being shared between two devices. We’d be happy to help shed some light on this!

You mentioned that you’re sharing an Apple ID, which sounds like it may be contributing to this behavior. Since Apple Health data is shared using iCloud, you’d want to go to Settings > Tap Name > iCloud > Health, to see if that is enabled. If so, it will update and share information across devices.

While you can disable that feature, you can also create separate Apple IDs and set up Family Sharing, which will allow you to share purchases and keep your data separate. You can also share iCloud storage, if that is a concern. You can read more about that at: Family Sharing - Apple and Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you’d prefer to go that route, How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support can help and What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support can walk you through the steps to be sure the new Apple ID has been updated everywhere.

Let us know if that helps, and have a great day!

Log out of health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.