Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

catalina photos no thumbnails

I lost all my thumbnails in Photos when I was still on High Sierra. The update to Catalina has left me without thumbnails still. I go to the View menu, and the option for Show Thumbnails is gray. This is true for my three photo libraries. I have tried rotating a couple of images, but to no avail. I have done a lot of online searching, but again, no avail. Any help would be appreciated, as I am constantly working with a lot of photos.

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 12:44 AM

What general view are you in when you are trying to view thumbnails? The 'View Thumbnails' command is not available unless you are looking at an enlarged picture, then it refers to the strip of pictures along the bottom of the screen under the full-screen picture. If they are already visible, the command changes to 'Hide Thumbnails'.

If you are looking at the grid of pictures in, say, the Photos | All Photos view, they are the thumbnails, so I don't follow what you mean when you say you have none.

Stephen

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 12:44 AM in response to trentsteelpower

What general view are you in when you are trying to view thumbnails? The 'View Thumbnails' command is not available unless you are looking at an enlarged picture, then it refers to the strip of pictures along the bottom of the screen under the full-screen picture. If they are already visible, the command changes to 'Hide Thumbnails'.

If you are looking at the grid of pictures in, say, the Photos | All Photos view, they are the thumbnails, so I don't follow what you mean when you say you have none.

Stephen

catalina photos no thumbnails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.