Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos do not display correctly when enlarged in Photos in Catalina

My photos display like the attached photo when I enlarge them. I have tried repairing from disk utility, changing my library and even reinstalling Catalina. I have tried other troubleshooting steps but nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 12:14 AM

Are your photos RAW photos? What is the source of the photos? Have the photos been migrated from iPhoto or Aperture? It looks like the photos are using a wrong color sync profile.

As a test, try with one of the photos, if it will display correctly, if you open it in Photos in Edit mode and revert it to the original.

Have you changes any settings for the display in the "System Preferences > Display" or "System preferences > Accessibility > Display"?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 12:14 AM in response to specs128

Are your photos RAW photos? What is the source of the photos? Have the photos been migrated from iPhoto or Aperture? It looks like the photos are using a wrong color sync profile.

As a test, try with one of the photos, if it will display correctly, if you open it in Photos in Edit mode and revert it to the original.

Have you changes any settings for the display in the "System Preferences > Display" or "System preferences > Accessibility > Display"?

Jul 16, 2020 9:18 AM in response to léonie

the source of my photos are mostly my iphone XR, some almost 10 years old from other devices, I believe most of them are raw, they were not migrated, they were all downloaded from icloud and I have not changed any settings, and the revert to original option is not there because I have made no changes to the photos.

Photos do not display correctly when enlarged in Photos in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.