Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud unavailable on Apple TV 3

Hello,

on my Apple TV 3 I cannot log into iCloud.

I use 2 factor authentication and the iTunes log in works fine with the 6 digit code appended to the password.

However it does not work for iCloud, the password seem correct and it just says « iCloud is not currently available ».

I find it unbelievable that Apple cannot just push an update to properly support 2FA on these devices... and now iCloud is not supported anymore? That’s just crazy!

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 12:24 AM

It should work the same for iCloud sign-in, as for the iTunes Store sign-in. Beware of the time limit (see below for workaround), after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password, and then submit.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 12:24 AM in response to Guuguus

It should work the same for iCloud sign-in, as for the iTunes Store sign-in. Beware of the time limit (see below for workaround), after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password, and then submit.

iCloud unavailable on Apple TV 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.