Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Periodic dropping of WiFi on new iPad 12.9

So I have a new iPad 12.9 it will drop out the WiFi connection periodically. If I forget the WiFi connection and reconnect it works again until the next time. It’s not mt my router internet connection because my other devices are fine. This is incredibly annoying when I’m either on my financial accounts or in the middle of a zoom meeting. This ipad is not even a month old! I love this iPad but after 4 separate and long phone support ( I have apple care) events I’m wondering if this is a fault inherent in the design or a faulty WiFi element within the iPad. Anyone else have this problem? Apple, is this a replacement issue? Actually I’m posting this on the new iPad and iys\to blocking this post saying ‘please choose a topic’ which I have done???

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Tim Hinkley

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Periodic dropping of WiFi on new iPad 12.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.