Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

My wifi drops on my iPad Pro 4th generation M2 intermittently without warning

Hello support group, my iPad Pro 4th generation drops the WiFi connection intermittently. I have tried the following:

• Cycled Wi-Fi toggle
  • Cycled Airplane mode
  • Reset network settings
  • Reset iPad
  • Setup iPad as new

The only solution that seems to work is to reset my router. This problem is only unique to this particular iPad. My other Apple devices (iPad 3rd generation, iPhone 12, iPhone 14, Mac Mini (M1) and Macbook Pro 16" (M1)) along with my TV and gaming devices do not experience the same problem.

I haven't read about any similar problems so not sure if this is unique to me or possible hardware issue. Would appreciate any guidance or support.

iPad Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 5:11 PM

Your M2-equipped iPad Pro supports WiFi 6E. If your WiFi Router does not also support WiFi 6E, you may need to disable this feature on your iPad - as otherwise you may experience unexpected disconnection from your WiFi network:

1. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi 6E network you’re connected to.
  3. Tap Wi-Fi 6E Mode, then tap OFF

More information about WiFi 6E support can be found here:

Use Wi-Fi 6E networks with Apple devices - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 5:11 PM in response to Sisko73

Your M2-equipped iPad Pro supports WiFi 6E. If your WiFi Router does not also support WiFi 6E, you may need to disable this feature on your iPad - as otherwise you may experience unexpected disconnection from your WiFi network:

1. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi 6E network you’re connected to.
  3. Tap Wi-Fi 6E Mode, then tap OFF

More information about WiFi 6E support can be found here:

Use Wi-Fi 6E networks with Apple devices - Apple Support

My wifi drops on my iPad Pro 4th generation M2 intermittently without warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.