Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong gift card balance

I bought a $50 gift card and when I redeemed it, it was showing less than that amount. The amount is showing as $36.13 and I haven't even used it yet. How do I fix this? Why is this happening? Should one of the steps be to go to the store I bought it from and ask them?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:01 PM

Netsafe Said:

"Wrong gift card balance: I bought a $50 gift card and when I redeemed it, it was showing less than that amount. The amount is showing as $36.13 and I haven't even used it yet. How do I fix this? Why is this happening? Should one of the steps be to go to the store I bought it from and ask them?"

-------

What to do from here:

• Automatic Deductions:

See if something that was overdue was automatically deducted. Check Here: View your Purchase History for the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

• Contact the Seller:

As for verifying the amount, take this up with the seller. Take it back to the store, long with the receipt and show them this transaction using your hand held device (i.e. iPhone or Android).

• Learn from this:

In all, take this as a learning experience - next time you purchase such a card, add it to your account right then-and-there as soon as the transaction goes through. These are user-to-user forums - deal with the seller to get your money back.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 3:01 PM in response to Netsafe

Netsafe Said:

"Wrong gift card balance: I bought a $50 gift card and when I redeemed it, it was showing less than that amount. The amount is showing as $36.13 and I haven't even used it yet. How do I fix this? Why is this happening? Should one of the steps be to go to the store I bought it from and ask them?"

-------

What to do from here:

• Automatic Deductions:

See if something that was overdue was automatically deducted. Check Here: View your Purchase History for the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

• Contact the Seller:

As for verifying the amount, take this up with the seller. Take it back to the store, long with the receipt and show them this transaction using your hand held device (i.e. iPhone or Android).

• Learn from this:

In all, take this as a learning experience - next time you purchase such a card, add it to your account right then-and-there as soon as the transaction goes through. These are user-to-user forums - deal with the seller to get your money back.

Wrong gift card balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.