Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown phone number

I am trying to log into an account with iCloud but the phone number associated with it isn’t correct. I also forgot my Password so which means I’d need the phone number to create a new one, but how can I create a new one? I believe my account was hacked and someone changed the my number

iPhone 8 Plus, 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 10:30 PM

LindseyTaylor15 Said:

"Unknown phone number: I am trying to log into an account with iCloud but the phone number associated with it isn’t correct. I also forgot my Password so which means I’d need the phone number to create a new one, but how can I create a new one? I believe my account was hacked and someone changed the my number"

-------

Contact Apple Support - to find out how to fix this. Perhaps someone else has this phone number. (For instance, if you purchased a house recently, and you never changed its assigned phone number). So, I would recommend contacting Apple Support, seeing if you modify it for you over the phone.

A. Apple Phone Support Info:

B.  Screenshare: Consider performing a screensharing session on your device, so the Apple Rep can see this firsthand, from your perspective.  Learn More Here: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support

C. Chat Session Info:

Being that phone calls are taking a moment, perform a chat session with Apple Support.

Setting Up the Chat Session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

D. Note: Phone Calls are Currently a Wait:

Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, phone calls are taking a lot longer than usual. So, take this up with Apple, despite how long it may take to get on the phone. With many out of work, and many home from school, phone calls will likely take a while to go through — so, just stay on the line. Ask the Apple Rep — they’ll see this and will run you through the fix. Chats are taking a bit longe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 10:30 PM in response to LindseyTaylor15

LindseyTaylor15 Said:

"Unknown phone number: I am trying to log into an account with iCloud but the phone number associated with it isn’t correct. I also forgot my Password so which means I’d need the phone number to create a new one, but how can I create a new one? I believe my account was hacked and someone changed the my number"

-------

Contact Apple Support - to find out how to fix this. Perhaps someone else has this phone number. (For instance, if you purchased a house recently, and you never changed its assigned phone number). So, I would recommend contacting Apple Support, seeing if you modify it for you over the phone.

A. Apple Phone Support Info:

B.  Screenshare: Consider performing a screensharing session on your device, so the Apple Rep can see this firsthand, from your perspective.  Learn More Here: Screenshare your iPhone with the Camera App Enabled to Easily Converse Over-the-Phone with Apple Support

C. Chat Session Info:

Being that phone calls are taking a moment, perform a chat session with Apple Support.

Setting Up the Chat Session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

D. Note: Phone Calls are Currently a Wait:

Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, phone calls are taking a lot longer than usual. So, take this up with Apple, despite how long it may take to get on the phone. With many out of work, and many home from school, phone calls will likely take a while to go through — so, just stay on the line. Ask the Apple Rep — they’ll see this and will run you through the fix. Chats are taking a bit longe

Unknown phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.